Diversity, whether in the workforce or supply chain, fosters competiveness, productivity, innovation, and economic growth. These are among the many reasons why Novation is committed to engaging and supporting registered small businesses and certified diverse suppliers that meet high quality standards. Member organizations across the nation are committed to economic development in their communities, and look to Novation to award agreements to high-performing and price-competitive suppliers. Novation also expects all of our suppliers to proactively seek opportunities to support our efforts through strategic partnerships with the registered small business and certified diverse supplier communities.
Awarded Supplier Benefits
An agreement with Novation offers your company increased efficiency, visibility, and credibility. Guided by a highly-credentialed contracting process, awarded suppliers are positioned to service the supply chain needs of the more than 100,000 members of VHA, UHC, Provista, and CHA.
Becoming a Novation Diverse Supplier affords suppliers increased efficiency through centralized sales and marketing support and networking opportunities. Guided by a highly credentialed contracting process with extensive member input, suppliers gain increased access to a vast network of organizations.
Through Novation’s branded diversity concept, the 6 C’s of Supplier Diversity, the business case becomes evident for organizations.
- Organizations embrace the concept but lack the expertise to implement supplier diversity programs. Novation’s expertise helps organizations through program creation and sourcing strategies.
- A key differentiator for retention/ recruitment can be gained through an operational diversity strategy for organizations.
- Federally funded health care organizations are mandated to support MWVBEs if they receive federal grants/bonds, government contracts.
- Economic vitality is a driving need for supplier diversity. More jobs created and filled in a community, leads to more opportunity and socially responsible individuals.
- Supplier base should mirror customers/communities.
- Innovation and entrepreneurship are at the core of all successful organizations MWVBEs are often more nimble and therefore better equipped to respond quicker to changing market conditions or unique opportunities.
- A diverse supplier base creates more competition, which leads to aggressive pricing throughout the market, resulting in more effective utilization and better outcomes.